Re: Check engine light

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sun Mar 01 1998 - 08:24:40 EST

How many miles is on the van? AT certain intervals, the check engine light
is supposed to come on to remind you to service the EGR, O2 sensor and such.

I THINK that 90's have a switch on the back of the instrument cluster to
reset the light, although my 92 Dak does not. Not sure when they stopped
using the switch. (They were losing too much potential business at the
dealers I guess).....

There are a couple of ways to reset it if you do not have a switch.

1) go to dealer, and pay $50 (not my favorite option, but the cheapest)
2) Purchase one of these new diagnostic computers that allow you to readout
from the computer (and also reset the light)....about $300-400

3) find someone who has one of these and beg them for there expertise (maybe
the cheapest route if you know someone)

4) disconnect or tape over the light (not recommended)