Re: Check engine light

From: abbjr@banet.net
Date: Sun Mar 01 1998 - 08:38:16 EST

Robert G. Carmack wrote:

> This isn't about a Dakota but I figured most of you guys are Chrystler
> gurus. I have a 90 Plymouth Voyager minivan and the check engine light came
> on and has been on since. I did the little diagnostic by turning the key on
> and off several times and I get a no problems reading. Is there a way to
> reset the check engine light to get it to turn off?
>
> Rob

The engine light came on for a reason. Go to a shop & atleast find out
what codes are in it. To just reset it, I've been able to on a 88 Buick
Century by disconnecting the battery & reconnecting it. BUT, the light
came back on shortly after. It's worth a trip to the shop. In my
opinion.

Bob Brobak
97 Dakota CC