lowering blocks (update)

From: abbjr@banet.net
Date: Sun Mar 01 1998 - 09:00:16 EST

I went to Parts America to get oil & filters for my Dakota CC & Town &
Country LXI. While I was there I spotted lowering blocks made by
Superior. The 2 inch blocks were $21.00, so I bought them. I almost
bought the three inch blocks, but decided against it. (I'm GLAD I did)
   With an 18 inch breaker bar it didn't take much to get the old nuts
loose and as previously posted by someone else, I noticed the rearend
was too far forward upon reassembly. I figured out a trick (for me) to
bring it back in line with no effort. Get all the nuts started, then
tighten just the nuts in front of the axle up against the plate. The
rear nuts only keep finger tight against the plate. As you tighten the
front nuts the rearend will move back into position. I also had to open
up the holes in the bottom of the blocks. A big drill bit did the job in
no time. It took me 75 minutes on the first block & 40 minutes for the
second block. Maybe it took less time on the second because it started
to rain.
     I am glad I didn't go with the three inch blocks. Two inch, I feel
is pushing it unless anyone plans to drop the front also. (I don't)
I like the way the truck sits now, money well spent I feel.

Bob Brobak
97 Dakota CC