Re: anyone sell there car at an auction?

From: Bill Mullens (xring@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 01 1998 - 16:21:24 EST

> I would go with the head sales manager, with
>my car to an auction. Has anyone ever done this? My main question is,
>will i get even more screwed doing this, or can i reject all bids i
dont
>like. I don't think they have a starting bid at this auction. Any help
>on this would be great. The reason I WILL NOT sell my car outright, is
>because of the Lemon Law in Massachusetts. ...

Jay,
I've been to 2 or 3 auctions, and am going to one this week in
Statesville, NC. The ones I've been to have had really low bids on most
vehicles, but reasonable bids for both parties on vehicles of local
interest (in WV, that means 4x4 trucks, SUV's).

My '89 Daytona CS with 120,000 miles on it, mechanically very good, only
got to $1,700, that was in the spring of 1994 (I sold it to get my
Dakota) I sold it later for $2,000 and have kicked myself every since
then. At that auction, you posted a fee to run the car through, and an
extra $100 if you sold it. But you had the right to refuse any offers.
I would anticipate that your car wouldn't get what you want unless there
is a FWD Dodge freak bidding.(Someone like me, but I don't have $6,000)

If you reconsider selling the car privately, e-mail me. I can post the
car on the Shelby Dodge Mailing List for you, if you had the right buyer
(somebody trustworthy) the 60 day law wouldn't hurt you any.

Hope it helps,
Bill
'89 Shelby Daytona
'94 Dakota 5.2L, 5-sp, 3.55 posi, MP computer, etc.