Re: tonneau cover

From: Brett Stoner (Brett@abacusinfo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 02 1998 - 09:58:21 EST

>>> Michael Z-Sykes <MSykes=40su.edu> 03/02 9:35 AM >>>
>I have an 88=27 long bed and want a tonneau cover.....I think I want a =
snap
>on, but those fiberglass ones sure are nifty ;) Can anyone give me some
>feedback on which one I should choose? I hear the snap one one=27s are
>cool, but they flap around at high(way) speeds-
>-mike sykes
>88 V6

The two advantages to soft tonneau covers are cost (=7E=24200 for a good =
one) and the fact that they are very easy to remove if you need to use the =
whole bed to carry something. They do flap around a bit at highway =
speeds, but I don=27t really think of it as much of an issue... it =
doesn=27t move around enough to make any noise. The hard tonneau covers =
are more expensive (at least =24400 plus =24100 or more to paint them) and =
it takes a bit of effort and two people to remove them if you need to =
carry something large, but (in my opinion, at least) they are better =
looking, and many are lockable so anything you carry back there is a bit =
more secure. The way I see it is if you can afford it and you only rarely =
need to carry somthing large in the back of the truck go with the hard =
cover, otherwise go with the soft.

HTH
  Brett