Re: Re[2]: The South

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 03 1998 - 13:21:46 EST

> On Tue, 03 Mar 1998 08:16:04 -0500 Andy Callahan
> <quasideedle@uky.campus.mci.net> writes:
> >At 07:14 AM 3/3/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >> HUMIDITY!!!!
> >
> >SUCKS!!!
>
> Yeah, it does. However, San Antonio's pretty dry. Relative humidity is
> often in the twenties, rarely above fifty percent. This makes the 90's
> and hundreds bearable, sometimes pleasant. When I lived in NJ (get a
> rope!), the high humidity made the low eighties unbearable. And there
> were these damn blood sucking insects called mosquitoes, too. I guess the
> high temps here just dry 'em out.
>
> Richard

The humidity doesn't bother me, we sometimes have 80-90% humidity along
with temps in the 90's here never really bothered me, the only time it
really got to me was one summer when we had temps between 100 and 110 and
humidity that was almost 100%, that was awful, you couldn't even stand to
go outside, but thankfully that's only happened once....

Bruce