Re: Reading codes

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Tue Mar 03 1998 - 13:18:08 EST

At 10:59 PM 3/2/98 , you wrote:
>I just recently got the check engine light on the dash for my 1994 V8
automatic CC with only 32K's so I pulled over and stopped the engine, and
read the manual. It said I should contact the dealer, But when I started
the engine the light went away, and I haven't seen it sence (3 days) I just
did the flipping the ignition to see what codes came up (first time I tried
this) I believe I ended up with the codes 33, 25, 5, or 33, 25, 55 (to
many interruptions) Would someone tell me what this spells out. Thank you.
>GV

According to the info at http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/9636/obd2.html

33=A/C clutch has an open or shorted condition
25=Idle Air Control Motor has a shorted or open condition in one or more
circuits
55=End of test

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net