Re: 96 DAKOTA LIFTING?????

From: Chris Lang (langcj@polaris.clarkson.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 10:21:29 EST

I'm looking to do the same thing to my 93 and from what i found out the
suspension lift the major downside is the cost 1200-1500 for the kit itself
and possibly another 1000 to install it and then your gonna have to get new
tores and rims. I talked to a guy who did it and it ended up costing him
about $3500 for the lift, installiation, tires and rims. He also mentioned
somthing about cutting the frame to install it... That really scared me so
now I'm thinking of a body lift but all i've found so far for the V8 is a 2
inch and I'd like a three but i guess there is a problem with the radiator
hose hitting the fan with the three inch lift.

If you want to take a look at a lifted dak here's one with the 4"
trailmaster with 31"s
http://people.clarkson.edu/~langcj/truck2.gif