Re: Drilling holes in aftermarket mufflers. Was: Hole in stock muffler

From: Steve (Slow@Primenet.com)
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 03:14:19 EST

On Tue, 3 Mar 1998 23:25:26 -0500, you wrote:

>Gibson said that there should have been a sticker=20
>on the muffler stating inlet.
>
>Were my two experiences a fluke or did others find the same thing? I=20
>got mine a long time ago (early '96) and I wonder if they fixed this=20
>problem.

I say the sticker was a fluke, mine had it. The lack of a hole is
interesting. I remember asking about the hole on my stock muffler, but
the lack of one on my Gibson never occurred to me. I guess its time to
break out the drill, as I get a lot of water too.

        Steve

97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....