Pistons for 5.2??

From: Rick Lewis (rick@solcomsystems.com)
Date: Wed Mar 04 1998 - 11:11:52 EST

Anybody have any info on aftermarket pistons for a 5.2? I know MPI has them currently available and I have a few other leads to research but any real experience would be appreciated. Wiseco said they'd make a set for a good price and they'd most certainly be lighter than stock which is 595 grams. If I'm getting custom pistons made anyway maybe I'll look into stroking the crank and some longer rods?? I'm looking for all my options. Does that weight loss stuff work on Daks?? If I could lose 25 to 30 lbs in engine weight that would be fine with me.

Rick Lewis
U.S. Technical Support Manager
SolCom Systems Inc.
"Ultimate RMON Network Management"