Re: drag racing 4X4 dak?

From: \ (info@deltech.net)
Date: Fri Mar 06 1998 - 16:50:38 EST

I really don't know for sure what the possible outcome of this would be.
That is a huge argument down here in Louisiana. All of my friends think I'm
nutz when I throw it in 4Hi on the highway when its raining. They seem to
think
that the only time 4x is allowed is when your in the mud... I just moved
back here
from living a year in Minnesota and I can tell you one thing... You wont
find a single
4xer up there that doesn't use 4x all the time during the winter. The only
time that I
didn't use it was when I wanted to have some fun doing 360s in a parking
lot on ice. :)

Exacltly! Unless you got serious diffferces in the circumfrence of your back and
front tires and are going straight what is the wear?

As mentioned previously I got 200k miles out of my old Nissan using 4WD on rain
or snow(sometimes turning to dry in between for bits). I had no driveline problems
in all that time. You don't mean to tell me a Dak is inferior do you? :-)

-Bob T. '98 CC Sport+ 4X4 V8 5sp