Re: Tranny problems.

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sun Mar 08 1998 - 08:53:55 EST

My OD unit was recently rebuilt after finding that a retaining clip had come
loose from the sun gear carrier assembly and "disappeared".

This caused the one of the four sun gears to ride against its carrier and
heat up, causing a whine.

When I queried the dealer as to whether they had done a fluid/filter change
(it was still under warranty), they said no.

So I did one the next day. I found pieces of metal that I could only guess
was the OD clip.....

Luckily, the gears themselves had not deteriorated to a point that the
filter could be clogged....