RE: Nitrous VS Superchargers.

From: Craig Baltzer (Craig.Baltzer@Anjura.COM)
Date: Mon Mar 09 1998 - 14:56:03 EST

They were big with the 4 cylinder guys. Please take all of this as "for
what its worth", as my info is about 8-12 months old (haven't owned a
rice burner in a while) and a lot of these things may have changed:

* Need an alternator of being able to sustain an 80amp load
* The units "cycled", rather than being continuous. If I remember
correctly the maximum "on" time was something like 30-40 seconds
* Operated via a "switch", sorta-kinda like NOS, rather than being "on"
all the time
* Produced 3-4lbs of boost max
* At the time were available for engines up to 3 liters. Didn't have
enough air flow for larger displacements.

Like I mentioned before, this info is old so they may have greatly
improved the product since I last checked...

Craig