Re: air cleaner

From: DelTech (info@deltech.net)
Date: Mon Mar 09 1998 - 20:51:32 EST

Actually.. For my Buick T-Type.(Turbo Charged) there is an available remote
lifetime open filer element that comes with an extention hose to move it
around behind the head light and infront of the radiator. The colder the
air is the better. Hense a liquid cooled innercooler. So yes, I belive
that your idea would work.. Howerver I would not suggest dryer hose.. :-)
You can get automotive hose of the right diameter from most automotive
stores.. If EPA is a big problem where you life and you feel that your
stuck with the stock box or K&N is still waiting for an EPA approved mod
then go for it.

The only major draw back of your idea is that you are still limited by the
diameter of the hose both to your stock box and then to the TB. I still
think that that ultimate mod is to vent the hood to an open air element...
It would be the most expensive approach, but it would also be the best
looking and most effective.

I have a 3.9L 97 Dak and K&N STILL hasn't got their mod approved so last
week I installed a 10" Elderbroc clone and ordered a 10" K&N element to put
in it. Its better than the stock box and adds alot of sound. hehehe.. The
nice thing about Louisiana is there is still no mandatory EPA testing and
if there were replacing the stock box would be easy.