Re: Re: FlowFit Seats

From: Jerry Jackson (jacksonj@cyberramp.net)
Date: Wed Mar 11 1998 - 21:56:15 EST

I bought direct from Flofit, 1-800-Flo-fits, because I needed them ASAP.
Their web site shows dealers (not many outside California). The seats are
most likely imported (but then what isn't), and in the case of my custom
covering, the work was done in L.A. Check out their web site,
http://www.flofit.com. The guy I dealt with was the owner, and believe he
and his wife run the business (Mom and Pop). That's also most likely why
the service was so good.

The seat bottom cushion is thinner, and the frame sits lower too, so I
guess
maybe 1-2 inches extra clearance. I just went out and measured, and the
distance from headliner to top of cushion (where you park it) is 39 1/2" at

the lowest bracket setting. There are two other settings 1/2" apart (so
you
can raise it up to an inch from this setting). Do order the custom
brackets,
I can assure you the stock ones don't even come close to being usable.
If you have the giant torx type driver to remove the seat belt anchor, the
installation is a breeze.

Also, the fold down console won't fit anymore, it's too wide. The factory
bucket console will. I haven't ordered mine yet, but I got a quote of $290

from the local Dodge parts counter for all the pieces to put one together.
Probably could do better on that price from one of the Web dealers.
----------
> From: Robert Trottmann <rotrottmann@davidson.edu>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: Re: FlowFit Seats
> Date: Monday, March 09, 1998 11:31 PM
>
> Seriously, how tall was he? I would love to replace my bench seat w/
buckets,
> but can't spare an inch on head room. (My hair touches the headliner,
thus, I
> want a targa top.) You say that they sit lower, so I assume they add
> headroom. Where did you buy them?
> Thanks much.
> Robert Trottmann
> rotrottmann
>
> Jerry Jackson wrote:
>
> > Yes, I have - a 97 CC. Paid to have factory fabric put on and I think
> > these seats are
> > about the best improvement that can be made to the stock interior.
Mine