Re: Stink, Stagnant Smell in A/C ??!!

From: jim miller (jmiller@eramp.net)
Date: Wed Mar 11 1998 - 23:08:13 EST

Try turning the A/C on low fan, function switch on max a/c (for inside air
recurculation), and spray some Lysol spray disinfectant in the return area
(probably
under the passenger dash near the kick panel) for a few seconds till the sweet
smell
comes out all the vents. This should kill bacteria or mold that may be causing
the
bad smell. Moisture accumulates in the A/C core area and may cause mold
build-up,
especially in extra humid areas. Notice I said use Lysol spray dissenfectant or
similar
product, Not just an air freshner which will not kill the bacteria or mold and
may make your truck smell like a French whore!. There is actually a special
spray made just for this purpose that can be purchased from A/C supply
companies, but I think Lysol will probably work as good, cost less, and smell
better.
You may have to do this every few months but it ain't hard or expensive to do.