Re: Shock absorbers

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Mar 12 1998 - 16:05:07 EST

At 12:02 PM 3/11/98 , you wrote:

>Just a couple of questions about shocks from the mechanically
>inexperienced... <snip>
>Being a gadget fan,
>I think the idea behind the Rancho RS9000 is pretty cool (if you're not
>familiar, they have a dial you can use to adjust them while on the
>truck). Trail Master has a new shock that supposedly self-adjusts in
>much the same way, only without any action on the part of the human.
>Sounds cool to me, but I'm not sure if there's any real benefit or if
>it's just a marketing ploy.

Monroe makes a shock that is supposed to do the same thing, give a smooth
ride on the highway but stiffen up on bumpy surfaces (e.g. off-road). I
don't have any first hand experience with them. I was going to get a set
for my Ramcharger before I sold it to get my Dak. At that time (less than a
year ago) they were less than $50 each. You might check them out at your
local Monroe dealer to see if it might fit your need.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota  Regular Cab  Short Bed