Re: IGNITION WIRE UPGRADE

From: WillTier (WillTier@AOL.COM)
Date: Thu Mar 12 1998 - 21:10:17 EST

<< I'm thinking about upgrading the ignition wires on my '98 5.2L.
 Does anyone have any recommendations?
 I've already done the FABM, and other mild modifications (headers,
 exhaust, CD ignition, etc.) may be in the future.
 I am definitely interested in a fuel economy increase, so if you have any
 numbers let me know. >>
 My opinion is the stock ignition is a very good set up and more than
adequate, to meet all the emmission standards it has to be. I have a MSD 6a,
Coil, Wires new brass cap and rotor and lost about .2 in the 1/4. If I unhook
the MSD and use msd coil wires and cap and rotor I get my .2 back but gained
nothing but a poorer pocket book. I know of a similar experience on a 96 Dak
with a Jacobs pro street set up. The mopar stock stuff is good and unless you
have a specific requirement for something else then I believe it is a waste of
money. I qualify all these comments by testing at the strip not seat of the
pants, the other case with the Jacobs was also tested at the track.

Bill