Re: Motor trend TV results of 5.9 R/T

From: Terry Hebert (hebert1@windsor.igs.net)
Date: Sun Mar 15 1998 - 23:03:21 EST

--------------0D9F4390D7FF92E398621315

Mori 4 wrote:

> In a message dated 98-03-15 18:01:05 EST, DDT writes:
>
> << 0-60 - 6.9 seconds
> 1/4 mile - 15.4 @ 89 mph >>
>
> Yeah, that sounds a little more realistic than did Sport Truck
> magazines
> test. After all, the Dak R/T has a better power to weight ratio than
> the Furd
> Lightning did. I believe on a sea level track with decent traction the
> R/T
> will run in the 14's all day long. Shane B

I saw the show also. The truck looked and sounded awesome. Not quite as
awe inspiring as the Hennessey Venom 600 but downright nasty for a
truck. The performance numbers sound right in-line with what we all
expected. We can now disregard that Sport Truck issue. I'm pretty happy
that I've attained those performance figures with my little 318 and
12345-speed. Can't wait to see one on the open road 8).

Terry

--------------0D9F4390D7FF92E398621315

<HTML>
Mori 4 wrote:
  Yeah, that sounds a little more realistic than did Sport Truck
magazines
test. After all, the Dak R/T has a better power to weight ratio
than the Furd
Lightning did. I believe on a sea level track with decent traction
the R/T
will run in the 14's all day long.
Shane B</BLOCKQUOTE>
I saw the show also. The truck looked and sounded awesome. Not quite as
awe inspiring as the Hennessey Venom 600 but downright nasty for a truck.
The performance numbers sound right in-line with what we all expected.
We can now disregard that Sport Truck issue. I'm pretty happy that I've
attained those performance figures with my <FONT SIZE=-2>little </FONT>318