Re: Fwd: Exhaust system testing. boundary="part0_889979769_boundary"

From: T & J (jan@bewellnet.com)
Date: Sun Mar 15 1998 - 20:16:30 EST

From:Tim Roller >starwolf@bewellnet.com

>You asked if the R/T possibly had 2-sensors and wanted true dual
exhaust,well it makes no difference. All you have to do is have a bung
welded onto a cross-over pipe for the 02 sensor. This way you can still run
your computer equipped sensor and still have TRUE DUELS. The only thing you
might have to do is splice in an extra length of wire on the sensor where
you have to cut. This cross-over pipe is an old racers(HYPO factory setup)
balancing tube between pipes to give an extra exhaust outlet over to the
other pipe when that cylinder isn't firing and also balances out the
rumbling out the tailpipes. The only drawback with todays vehicles is that
you have to mount the crossover before the CAT and there just may not be
enough area. But hey we're racers--we'll find a way!!