Re: Nitrous bottle questions. -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 16 1998 - 09:54:05 EST

You could always put it on the hump in between the driver and
passenger seats......it would tough to hide it, but who cares..it's NO2!!

-mike sykes

At 08:41 AM 3/15/98 -0500, you wrote:

><< From what I read, I believe the bottle has to be at a certain angle >>
>
>Sounds like you are looking at quick opening to squash that Ferd
Moostang next
>to ya at the light. Thats why I leave mine in the bed, keeps me outa
trouble.

  Ummm... <cough, cough> <shuffle> Well.....

  :-)

   You know the boy scout motto... Be prepared... I was never a boy
scout,
but its a good philosophy I think... ;-)

  Incidentally, did you have to drill to route your hoses or to mount the
bottle? Drilling holes in my truck is one thing I'd like to avoid, if at
all possible. (Well, unless the holes aren't visible after removing the NOS
system.)

>The bottle needs to face forward at a angle upward. There is a tube in
it
>picking Nitrous from the bottom. Handle needs to face up which place
the tube
>down.
>
><< I guess a lot depends on what size bottle you use. >>
>
>Any of the kits I have seen have the 10# bottle, standard size unless
ordered
>with something different. There come a point where you start to loose
>performance, just guessing but you may get twice as many runs on a
20# but
>seems though you would lose twice as many also. I believe it has to do
with
>content and pressure. I have the bottle heater and gauge and can bring
the
>pressure back up to 900 but still lose performance after about 6 good
runs.

  Hmmm, so a bigger bottle wouldn't matter? (I'm not quite sure what you
mean about "losing twice as many" runs.) Do you mean that actual
nitrous
would be wasted?

   I have seen some installations where people use two small bottles. I
wonder if this has anything to do with that?

   Also, does anyone have any good sources of information about
nitrous?
Maybe a book, or a magazine? I know that Hot Rod sometimes puts out
a special issue on one subject; I have a couple on superchargers (which

has a little info on nitrous, but not much.) I'd like to know as much
as possible before jumping into the pool. :-) I was thinking of spending
the $5 for the NOS catalog. Is there any good info in there?

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu --
http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209,
KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019)

   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my
own.