Re: FIPK finally

From: DelTech (info@deltech.net)
Date: Mon Mar 16 1998 - 00:40:06 EST

Yeah,,, sounds like what I'm getting... Sense K&N still hasn't released a
mod that I can use I'm using a clone unit as well on my 3.9L... I do seem
to get quite a bit of hissing in the cold mornings.. It goes away after
initial warm up...

Hmm, I'll have to listen more carfully to mine... It does sound a bit as if
the TM does have a harmonic hiss to it just as I step on it. I'm still
waiting for the K&N element to come in... The parts shop really pissed me
off... First they said 3 days... on the 3rd day I went in there was a 10"
filter just like the one that I had ordered... Turned out not to be mine.
:( Their 3 days turned into a week so far... Now they say it was
backordered... Sheeesh... Should have just told them that I was the other
guy! EFG

>A question about the new sounds though... I get the characteristic drone
>during full or mostly full throttle acceleration - not as dramatic as
>the Quadrajet on the old 72 Buick 455 of my high school days. :( During
>part throttle acceleration when I'm just starting to get on it, I notice
>a brief shrieking noise. This noise disappears when the throttle opening
>is increased or reduced. Does this sound consistent with what other
>folks have experienced?

97' 3.9DakCC 4x4 Rhyno lined bed, rocker panels, and door jams.
Color matched Raven Fiberglass Topper, Heavy duty everything.
Fog lamps, 6x9Folding Mirrors, Mopar Bug Shield and Flat Bed Linner.
Shaved all Decals except for engine tag and 4X4 logo on tailgate.
Have my web address in place of the Dogde logo on tailgate.
Check out my web site for more details. http://www.deltech.net/dbaker