Re: Re: graphics removal

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 16 1998 - 13:01:52 EST

> From:Tim Roller >starwolf@bewellnet.com
>
> >If you're talking about removing the vinyl pin-stripping on the vehicle I
> just got through removing the stripping on my '95 to put on a custom air
> brushed body graphic. They look great. Anyway all it takes is a hair dryer
> and all you do is WARM up the vinly tape and just peel off the tape. The
> process is to heat up an end of tape where it's cut or at the end and
> slowely peel up tape with other hand and while peeling you slowely keep the
> hot air gun(hair dryer-won't melt paint) in the same area as the peeling
> tape and the tape will soften up enough to let the glue release from the
> paint and VOILA, before you know it you have the truck stripped naked just
> like you were a teenager in the back seat of that old '59 Coronet(my 1st
> car---YAHOOOO)

You had a lot more room to "manuever" in the back of that car than what I
did in the back of a '89 Olds Cutlass Supreme ;).. Don't car makers know
they shouldn't be making the backseats smaller, if anything they should
make them bigger, it would make things for the teenagers (And a few
grown-ups) more comfortable.....

Bruce