Re: graphics removal

From: T & J (jan@bewellnet.com)
Date: Sun Mar 15 1998 - 20:00:32 EST

 From:Tim Roller >starwolf@bewellnet.com

>If you're talking about removing the vinyl pin-stripping on the vehicle I
just got through removing the stripping on my '95 to put on a custom air
brushed body graphic. They look great. Anyway all it takes is a hair dryer
and all you do is WARM up the vinly tape and just peel off the tape. The
process is to heat up an end of tape where it's cut or at the end and
slowely peel up tape with other hand and while peeling you slowely keep the
hot air gun(hair dryer-won't melt paint) in the same area as the peeling
tape and the tape will soften up enough to let the glue release from the
paint and VOILA, before you know it you have the truck stripped naked just
like you were a teenager in the back seat of that old '59 Coronet(my 1st
car---YAHOOOO)