[Fwd: wheel flairs]

From: Jeff Lee (jlee@atlanta.nsc.com)
Date: Mon Mar 16 1998 - 16:43:28 EST

--------------EF0735732A2FBDDC7D0BBAB4

Hey Steve,

See my comments below...

Stephan Boianoff wrote:

> Sorry, I don't have any info about the air flow enhancers, but I would like
> to ask you a couple of questions about your flares. Are these the same
> flares you can get with the 4X4 Tire & Handling package? If so, do they

Yep, they're the factory flares.

> just screw right into the existing wheel well holes? What about the edge
> at the body, silicone adhesive? I got a price of $455 color-matched from
> the dealer. Does this sound right? Thanks.

They do screw in to the existing holes.

I paid $245 plus tax for mine back in December. Bought em from a local
dealer. That $455 price sounds mighty steep - maybe that's a very padded
"installed" price (still steep). The flares only come color-matched to
your body - you must give them your paint code when you order. The
package came with everything you need except a torx wrench (painted
flares with attached adhesive strips, torx mounting screws, alcohol prep
pads - don't remember the torx size offhand).

I have attached a copy of an email I sent out about a month ago
detailing my installation experience with the flares. Hope its useful.

jeff
98 rc 4x2 v8 5spd 3.55sg flares fipk
--------------EF0735732A2FBDDC7D0BBAB4