Addco swaybar

From: Frank Ball (frankb@cougar.sr.hp.com)
Date: Tue Mar 17 1998 - 13:04:37 EST

} I'm very near ordering a front and rear Addco sway bar, but one quick
} question about the urethane bushings. Would it be better to buy the
} urethane Addco kit or get the bushings seperately from energy
} suspensions or summit. I want bushings that I can grease because I have
} heard that urethane squeaks pretty bad some times. Do you know if the
} Addco supplied bushings allow you to grease them? If they do I'll just
} get the urethane versions of these bars and kill two birds with one
} stone. If not then I will oder the bushings seperate to get the grease
} fittings. And on the rear bar, was that a drill on or bolt on.

I have the Addco rear bar with Addco urethane bushings. It doesn't have
any provisions for greasing it. It does squeak, but about the only time
I hear it is when I start up from a stop there is one squeak. If the
rear sliding window is closed and the stereo is on you won't hear a
thing. It requires drilling 4 holes to mount the rear bar, the front
should bolt on.

Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com (707) 794-4168 work
Hewlett Packard (707) 794-3038 fax (707) 538-3693 home
1212 Valley House Drive Kawi KDX200, Yamaha XT350 YZF600R Seca 750
Rohnert Park CA 94928-4999 '95 Dakota SLT Club Cab V8 5-Speed 2WD