Re: Throttle Body Air flow director

From: Nicholas McKinney (nickmckinn@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Mar 17 1998 - 14:43:00 EST

At 03:46 PM 3/16/98 -0600, you wrote

>Summit Catalog, page 81: "The K&N StubStack can build up to 10% more
horses. >Hot Rod Magazine's flow- bench testing recorded an air flow
increase of 28 cfm on a >650 >cfm carb, 40 cfm on an 850. Fits standard
bore Holley, works best with 4" or 5" >elements."
>I know my Dak doesn't have a carb, but could this work, seeing as the MFI
is made by >Holley? (isn't it?) Just a thought, someone w/ more knowledge
can decide whether it will >work on a Dak or not.
>Robert Trottmann

Sorry Robert I have used these and they only work on the old style Holleys,
they do not even fit the new polished models, and also had to be seriously
modified to fit some of the standard old styles that had the non flat choke
housing.

Nicholas