Nitrous "blowoff" tube?

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 17 1998 - 19:00:07 EST

   Sorry, I don't remember the actual word for it...

  I was reading in a magazine about an install on a Z28, and
they mentioned a tube that was positioned to spray nitrous
across the windshield in front of the driver. Apparently,
you're supposed to spray nitrous out of it until it is a solid
stream (to get rid of air bubbles). That will ensure that
when the nitrous comes on, it'll be all nitrous, and not a
bubble of air first. (Bill, do you have one of these? I
never really saw any of your nitrous runs since I was either
at the other end of the track or in the staging lanes when
you were running.)

   I'm wondering how you spray the nitrous out of that tube;
the "big boys" seem to do it during the burnout. I don't do
a burnout (I drive around the water). I'm wondering if
they do it during the burnout because you have to be at
WOT to activate the nitrous? For my needs, a switch or a
button would be preferable to doing a burnout.

  BTW: I have a book and a video about nitrous on the way;
hopefully that'll spare you guys some of these constant
questions. (or just throw more fuel on the fire) ;-)

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019) |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; all opinions are my own.