alignments

From: Frank Ball (frankb@cougar.sr.hp.com)
Date: Tue Mar 17 1998 - 21:44:31 EST

} As for other measurements, I wish I could be more helpful. I was just
} glad to have a toe-in adjustment solve my tire wear problems -- I didn't
} look any further. I guess I wouldn't be concerned about the driveway
} method of setting toe-in, however. I understand that you may get
} bump-steer as the suspension moves through it's travel, but would an
} alignment shop deal with bump steer?

The shops have a nice rack that lets the front tire rotate without
scrubing on the ground as you set the toe-in, and you can get underneath
without jacking it up and changing the setting (the dakota may have
enough clearance, my datsun was much lower). Not that you have to have
this, but it sure would be handy.

Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com (707) 794-4168 work
Hewlett Packard (707) 794-3038 fax (707) 538-3693 home
1212 Valley House Drive Kawi KDX200, Yamaha XT350 YZF600R Seca 750
Rohnert Park CA 94928-4999 '95 Dakota SLT Club Cab V8 5-Speed 2WD