Re: Dodge tranny fluid & fuel filter

From: WillTier (WillTier@AOL.COM)
Date: Tue Mar 17 1998 - 22:08:08 EST

<< I'm an amatuer Dakota owner. I have 30,000 miles on my '96 4WD
 Sport with 6 cyls. and the manual tranny. First, do I need to change
 the tranny fluid? If so, how? Secondly, I was going to change the fuel
 filter. I couldn't find it, so I went to Pepboys to buy one, thinking
 if I had one in my hand, it would be easier to find. The book at
 Pepboys said "not replaceable without dissassembly." Can you give me
 some pointers, or a good book to buy? I appreciate any help. >>

Not going to be much help, mine is a 93 auto. I believe they change them after
93. I'll forward this to the Dakota Mailing list as there are several guys
with manual tanny's and if I recall there are some types of fluid that don't
work well. Also my fuel filter is under the truck in the left frame rail, easy
to change. I believe yours may be in the fuel tank and a real project ??

Any you manual guys that can help Craig out ? and whats the scoop on the
Filter ?
Reply to : tumas4070@duq.edu

Good luck Craig

and thanks for any help you guys can give him..
Bill