Re: Front tire wear on 98 4x2

From: Keredt (Keredt@AOL.COM)
Date: Tue Mar 17 1998 - 22:40:35 EST

> 1. Look for production date on the decal inside the driver's door (on 97
> at least).
> 9/97
> 2. 2WD or 4WD
> 2wd reg cab, short wheelbase
> 3. Handling package?
> No
> 4. V8?
> V6
> 5. Are you having the problem?
> YES
> > 6. How many miles?
> 6800
> 7. Tire data (e.g., Goodyear Invicta GL, 215/75s)
> Goodyear Eagle LS 235/70 R15
Ok I got my new P275/60/15 BFG Radial/TA's put on tonight, and got a print out
of my alignment. I have had no wear problems w/ my 97 Dak since 1st
alignment.
here are the specified ranges and what the exact angles of My DAK. The middle
or NOMINAlL Degree angle is in Bold.

left front range right front
    0.1 -0.1--0.4--0.9 0.1 camber
    3.9 3.2--3.9--4.6 3.8 caster
    0.05" 0.01--0.03--0.06 0.06 toe in ( in Inches = " )

     0.0 -0.5--0.0--0.5 cross camber (
difference from L to R )
     0.1 -0.5--0.0--0.5 cross caster (
difference from R to L )
     0.11" 0.03--0.045--0.06 total toe ( L and
R added )

These alignment #'s are all in degrees with the acception ot to which is in
Inches. To achieve a true Standard Thurst alignment make sure that you get a
print out with Before and After alignment #'s on it. Also, Make sure that the
rear of the truck had heads mounted and COMPENSATED. This wiil make sure that
the ft is set to the angle that the rear axle is sitting in the Truck. If it
is not there then the computer automaticaly assumes the Rear axle is perfectl
set in the back of the truck and the exact centerline of the truck is the same
as the Thrust of the truck! If this was true then thrust angle would be zero,
but this seldom comes out perfect

Hope this helps

Keredt