Re: MSD, timing, and nitrous.

From: Nicholas McKinney (nickmckinn@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Mar 18 1998 - 02:35:34 EST

At 01:53 AM 3/18/98 -0500, you wrote:

> Also, seeing as how I have a manual transmission, if I were on the
>juice and missed a shift, would the MSD shut down the engine fast
>enough to prevent damage?

I hit that limiter really hard when the throttle linkage locked open on my
old roadracing 4speed Mustang. Alot of popping but the engine just hung
right at the marker, I think that I was more stressed than the motor.

It does not shut down the motor per se, rather it holds it at the
predetermined rpm by quasi randomly dropping the spark to the cylinders.

I do not know about what would happen with juice running, I would hope that
there is some option of having the juice solenoids shut off if either the
rev limiter was hit or the fuel pressure dropped too low.

Regards

Nicholas