Re: alignments -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 18 1998 - 09:38:48 EST

Bump steer is: when you hit a bump, the truck feeks like it wants to turn
the wheel for you. The Steering wheel jerks to one side or another,
maing it hard to control the truck on rought surfaces. It's a sign of a poor
lowering job, or suspension components that areworn out (ie. ball joints,
tie rods, etc...). A good alignment place that won't rip you off can tell you
what you need to know. Brake places can help too.

-mike sykes

>>> Michael Clark <mike@snakebite.com> 03/17/98 10:22pm >>>
Marc Robertson wrote: I understand that you may get
> bump-steer as the suspension moves through it's travel, but would an
> alignment shop deal with bump steer?
>
> Marc Robertson
> marc@blackberry-ridge.com

Could someone tell me what bump steer is? That's a new one to me.

--
----
  Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com