Re: [Fwd: 2wd dakota]

From: T & J (jan@bewellnet.com)
Date: Wed Mar 18 1998 - 23:14:21 EST

From:Tim Roller >starwolf@bewellnet.com

 If you are serious about those big meats, I would definately get the
4-wheel model. The 2-by has a very sensitive front end. It has independant
asle, but with a rack and pinion steering. The 4-by is already raised up at
least 3 inches higher to get a better ground clearence. If you insist on the
2-by you can raise it up at least 2 inches by tightening up the torsion
bars. It will affect the wear of the front end components considerably, and
you might also have to cut out the fenders to clear such a tall tire also.
Remember that this is the front end and the rear also needs to be raised to
balance out the vehicle and will need to flip the axle to the bottom of the
springs-- the 2-by has the axle over the springs or get longer hangers to
raise heigth. Also don't forget to get helper springs to stiffen and beef up
the rear end and replace the shocks(I would get shocks with overload
springs)