Fw: Friends . . .

From: kmiller (kmiller@cvn.net)
Date: Thu Mar 19 1998 - 17:58:51 EST

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01BD5360.ACBA53A0

-----Original Message-----
From: LWRIGHT6 <LWRIGHT6@aol.com>
To: kmiller@cvn.net <kmiller@cvn.net>
Date: Wednesday, March 18, 1998 9:06 PM
Subject: Fwd: Friends . . .

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01BD5360.ACBA53A0

To: prindaisy@aol.com, svbs@juno.com, jds222@aol.com
Subject: Heather_Rucci@mercer.com: Words to ponder...
From: tarucci@juno.com (Tara Rucci)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 18:36:54 EST

--part1_890273265_boundary

I don't usually do this, but I found the following poem very poignant and
wanted to share it with some of my friends. (I cleaned up the many, many
fwd'd addresses from this for you. Deal with the chain letter aspect as you
choose.) But, thanks for being my friend. John

 FRIENDS

  Around the corner I have a friend
  In this great city that has no end,
  Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
  And before I know it, a year is gone
  And I never see my old friends face,
  For life is a swift and terrible race,
  He knows I like him just as well
  As in the days when I rang his bell,
  And he rang mine.

  We were younger then,
  And now we are busy, tired men.
  Tired of playing a foolish game,
  Tired of trying to make a name.
  "Tomorrow" I say "I will call on Jim"
  "Just to show that I'm thinking of him"
  But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes, And
  distance between us grows and grows.
  Around the corner!-yet miles away,

  "Here's a telegram sir-"
  "Jim died today."
  And that's what we get and deserve in the end.
  Around the corner, a vanished friend.

  If you love someone, tell them. Remember always
  to say what you mean. Never be afraid to express yourself.
  Take this opportunity to tell someone what they mean to
  you. Seize the day and have no regrets.

  Most importantly, stay close to your friends and
  family, for they have helped make you the person you are
   today and are what it's all about anyway. Pass this along to
  your friends. Let it make a difference in your day and theirs. The
  difference between expressing love and having regrets which
  may stay around forever.

  This is a love chain letter. Within 1 hour you must
  send it to other people. Within 5 days you will
  have a miraculous occurrence in your relationships. You
  will find new love or have a old love rekindled. If you do
  not send it, you will have once again passed up the
  opportunity to do something loving and beautiful and continue
  the trend that gives.

  I'm not going to make silly claims that this same
  letter has been traveling around since before the advent of
  email and typewriters. It doesn't contain gruesome stories
  of what has happened to the people who haven't sent it on. It
  doesn't need to.

  If you've received this it is because someone
  cares for you and it means there is probably at least someone
  for whom you care. If you're too busy to take the few minutes
  that it would take right now to forward this to ten people,
  would it be the first time you didn't do that little thing that
  would make a difference in your relationships? I can tell you it
  certainly won't be the last.

  I don't have to make up silly stories about people being hit
  by buses or crushed by falling disco balls for not sending this
  letter on. You've seen the result of this neglect in your own relationships
  that you have allowed to fade, dissolve, and fall into disrepair.

  Take this opportunity to set a new trend. Take a few minutes to
  send this to a few people you care about, just to let them know that
  you're thinking of them. It's even better if they're not people you already
  correspond with every week. The more people you send this to, the
  better luck you will have. And the better you'll get at reaching
  out to those you care about.

Here's the deal:

Forward this letter to at least 10 different people; within 1 hour
of receiving it. Do it, and reap what you sow: luck in love, people who care
for you, and that warm glowy feeling that comes from loving others. Don't
do it, and suffer the consequences of being alone, wrapped up in your own
affairs, and being too busy to do the things you actually care about.

May love litter your life with blessings!

--part1_890273265_boundary