Re: R/T - Quit jerkin my chain

From: catlin (catlin@erols.com)
Date: Thu Mar 19 1998 - 20:09:20 EST

Russ Wrote:
> I just got off the phone with the Dodge people (1-800-4adodge) - it
> looks pretty grim. They're saying:

> Only 2,000 R/T's will be built for '98.
>
> All of them have already been allocated to dealers
> (they couldn't/wouldn't tell me who got what).
>
> Individuals cannot order them until the '99 model
> is released (if then).
> Essentially, you must be very patient and wait until '99, or very
> lucky and just happen to be at a dealer when one rolls off the truck
> (that's not already spoken for), or do like I've been doing for the last
> 25 years - pick the lesser of 3 evils - buy GM.
> I can't figure out why Mopar is playing these head games. Design a
> superior product at a fair price, blast it out in all the car mags, and
> then tell everyone they can't have one. Does the R/T follow the Prowler
> that follows the Viper....
> It's a damned shame, I've always been open-minded about what I drive,
> yet somehow, I always seem to end up with a GM. FINALLY, someone else
> builds a vehicle that I really want, and it's "unavailable".

> If I wait until '99, the new GM's will be out and THEY have a 300 hp
> engine. You can also bet they'll be available in quantity at any GM
> dealer. No limited runs, allocations, or "supply/demand" price hikes.

> Who knows, maybe I'll wait, maybe not. Don't hold your breath!
>
> Russ Selkirk

Russ,
      I agree. Iv been waiting 1 year for the R/T. I have always owned
GM trucks until our company got a Dakota 5.2 Club Cab in 97. What
a ride! The difference between a chevy pick up and the Dakota is like
comparing a Winabago to a car. Anyway if you still want one I'm sure
you can get one. I say the first person to see the R/T at a dealer post
it on the list so all of us on the list who still want one will be the
first at
the dealers.

Catlin