Re: Dakota's at the racetrack

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Fri Mar 20 1998 - 01:14:50 EST

Dahrl Clark wrote:

> Whats up Dakota fans? I just subscrubed today and was wandering if
> anybody else has a Dakota that they race or have ran at the track. I
> have a 88 shortbed that I have raced for three years now and would
> like to start on another Dakota for the street since the 88's kinda
> got outta hand. Future plans are to run a supercharger and nitrous and
> I would like to hear if anybody else is doing this and what the
> results have been. Best et out of my Dakota: 10.97@121mph.
> Dahrl Clark
> Clarks Radiator Service
> dclark@nb.net

10.97 @ 121 ? Thats nearly as fast as mine.

Just kidding. I only had the chance to make a single run which was
15.08 @ 90.82 If I were able I'd like to try a few things like removing
my bug shield and ground effects, lowering the rear tire pressure, try
different rpm launches.... I'm pretty sure it's capable of high to mid
14's.

What engine do you have in the '88? That's about the fastest I've heard
of a Dakota runing. And what all have you done to it? Apparently a
lot...

BTW Welcome to the list.

--
----