Re: 2WD lifts? -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 20 1998 - 13:35:46 EST

" But let's not be too
hard on the stock Dakota profile."

>>>I'm gonna' have to agree with Ron here. There's nothing wrong with
the stock Dak. Statistically, more people leave them stock than customize
them. Whatever your taste, I'm not gonna' bash it, but PLEASE...be
tasteful..nothing breaks my heart more than to see something that isn't
done right. Example: the other day I saw a circa 94' Dak. It was low, I
mean REALLY low, and to make it lower, he had 13" reverse offset wire
wheels, so it scraped on the ground. No Airbags, no Hydros. Now, don't
get me wrong, I dig a slammed ride, but when he hit a bump, it bounced
like it was riding on bricks! I had a chance to ask the guy how he
lowered it, and he said "Oh, it was easy! I just cut the springs in half
(ouch!) and welded the rear axl to the frame (ouch!)". I'm sure he could
see how I felt about it when I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.
so what's the point? That COULD'VE been a nice truck, but to me, he
ruined a perfectly good Dak, because it wasn't done right. It was unsafe,
and he would never be able to sell or enter it into a show, and now I will
be scarred for life. I say opinions are like assholes...everybody's got
one, and no body necessarily wants to see anyone elses ;) just my

-mike s.