RE:DML 97-98 PERFORMANCE UPGRADES.

From: H62300 (H62300@AOL.COM)
Date: Fri Mar 20 1998 - 15:48:33 EST

Having made a number of performance upgrades,I have found that the parameters
of the stock computer are fairly narrow.The OBDII systems found on the 96 and
newer trucks are much harder to circumvent.It seems no matter what you do,the
onboard PCM does seem to adjust back to low emissions(not a bad thing)instead
of performance.The presence of dual O2 sensors before and after the computer
really
hampers some mods.The computer continually updates the intake charge to
balance the AFR.The MSD 6A helped along with Champion plugs #4412 gapped to
.050 .Also the Magnum Performance TBI mods helped drivability.In addition the
JET PCM
also helped along with a 180 degree thermostat to fool the OEM PCM.Has anybody
else done any performance mods to the 96 up systems.I wiuld like to hear from
other
people on this subject.

                                                 Walter P