Re: Deer

From: Keredt (Keredt@AOL.COM)
Date: Fri Mar 20 1998 - 20:46:40 EST

<<
 Does anyone on this list use their trucks off-road? How good are the stock
 shocks on the 1998 Dakota? Any else do any deer hunting with their trucks?
 Know of any strong brush guards with push bars on them? thanks

Well I accidently took my 97 2wd closed road! There was a sign in a fork in
the road so I took the better of the two roads. so it seemed at the time.
Then I noticed that I couldn't turn around, and backing up looked like a bad
Idea! So I cotinued forward. Only to find a 40 foot mud hole that I
traversed, then crossed a rickety bridge over a creek then went up a hill that
at aproximatel a 20% grade ( every 100 feet forward was 20 foot up), which had
a 2foot trench in the middle of it. Then nearing the top both rear wheel
spinning slightly,I had to hug a gaurd rail on the left side and let the truck
Dog track around a right had curve. from what my uncle tells me ( he got out
and stood ahead of the truck abou 50 feet ) he got a great view of the entire
Pass. side of the truck. I took up both lanes it was so far sideways. Finally
I made it through only to find a sign at the other side that gave the street
name. Hells Hallow!!
apparently the road washed out On this side! Oh the ride was great,
especially for a 2wd

Keredt