Re: Drag Racing

From: Dahrl Clark (dclark@nb.net)
Date: Sat Mar 21 1998 - 00:00:35 EST

Robert, I'm going to assume you are driving your truck to the track. If your
running street tires make sure to do any burnouts in front of the water and
not in it as the tread will gather up water and run out onto the track when
your staging it at the line seriously hurting traction. And lord knows we
need it with pickup trucks. As far as the the christmas tree is concerned,
you should leave on the last yellow instead of the green to get a good
light, due to the fact that the truck must leave the beams to start the
timers. Reaction time does not affect your E.T. though, so that might not be
your biggest concern your first time out. I recommend checking out "The
Staging Light" website at sl.rconcepts.com for a lot of invaluable
racing info. Good luck tomorrow! P.S. Looks like we are gonna get rained
out up here in MD.