Re: Dakota's at the racetrack

From: N2mopars (N2mopars@AOL.COM)
Date: Sat Mar 21 1998 - 12:19:23 EST

<< Unfortunately its not street legal anymore. I've bracket raced it for the
 last two years solid and it'll probably never see the street again. It was
 involved in a accident on the way to the racetrack on Memorial Day weekend
 three years ago. And after I fixed it, I decided to keep it off the street
 for good. Besides, all the "Stangbangers " around here were starting to
 catch on, not catch up, if you know what I mean! I race Class 2 at Mason
 Dixon Dragway at Hagerstown MD. and hope to build a (good) shortblock for
 it in the next month or so because Ol'faithful is getting a litle tired. Its
 got 5 years of street and race abuse on it! I'm hoping a new shortblock and
 a cam change will give me 3 tenths or so. That should put me in the 10.60
 range and with a switch to a fat block someday maybe It'll crack the
 nines!!!!! P.S. Best E.T. in street trim was 11.64@ 114mph.