Hello -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 23 1998 - 09:19:23 EST

Tom, welcome aboard! Your problems have been solved. You can ask
just about anything on the DML and SOMEbody is gonna' know the
answer. Anyway, I'd be willing to bet that there will be a cap out for the
dakota here really soon, if there isn't already. Being the second year that
the new body is out, I don't see why there wouldn't be one. I have to
say, I haven't seen one yet. A tonneau..... Even though the cap may be
better suited for your purposes, you can remove a tonneau and have an
open bed if you need it. It all depends on how you want the truck to look.
Some people like the cap look, others prefer the open bed/tonneau look.
It's your truck, so you make the call. Keep in mind that a tonneau can
always be removed for an open bed though.....

-mike sykes

>>> <fawcett@uism.bu.edu> 03/20/98 02:15pm >>>
     First time subscriber here... Thought I would introduce myself or,
     more importantly, my Dakota. Brand spanking new '98 Dak Sport plus
     club cab in emerald green with that nice little 5.2L V8. In case you
     were wondering, I am glad I had a V8!

     To say I am thrilled with the truck is an understatement. I have
     already successfully completed a couple of missions I had for the
     truck (bed liner installed 2nd day, alarm system on the 3rd day,
     splash/mud guards ordered, etc., etc.) but I am looking for some
     help/advice on a cap or tonneau cover for the bed...

     I think a cap would be more functional when I travel or go hunting up
     north, but I haven't seen one that complements the nice lines of the
     truck... If anyone has seen a great fit let me know... pictures would
     be even better!

     The tonneau covers don't interrupt the nice lines but can you fit a
     Buck with a nice rack inside?

     Any help with the cap/tonneau debate would be appreciated as
would any
     helpful advice or tips for a new Dak owner.

     Thanks.

     Tom.