Re: Dak Hot Rod Parts???

From: Steve (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Sun Mar 22 1998 - 16:04:41 EST

On Sun, 22 Mar 1998 20:57:45 GMT, you wrote:

>* How strong is the stock 5-spd?

It's a NVG HD 3500. A pretty strong tranny, they use them in the Ram
trucks too.

>* What are the 5-spd's gear ratios?

Depends on how you order it. I think they are 3.21, 3.55 or 3.92

>* Do the manual trans models have a hydraulic clutch?

Yes

>* Is the auto trans worth the extra $900?

One of the older debates on the list. Not in my option it isn't.

>* Are there any parts houses specializing in Dak speed parts?

Yep, the same ones that cater to the Muscle Car crowd.

> Does anyone out there have experience with:
>
>* The Dak's OBD-II engine management and modifications?

It's pretty compliant.

>* Installing headers, cams, etc on a new(er) Dak?

Yep, there is some better stuff coming out all the time.

> In short, will I be able to find aftermarket speed parts for these
>fine little trucks? Are there any good sources of info for modifying
>them?

Sure is. Pick up a trucking mag and wish away....

Steve, 29
Apache Junction, Arizona

97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....