Dak Hot Rod Parts???

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Sun Mar 22 1998 - 15:57:45 EST

  I'm so new to the Dak list, I don't even have one yet. I'd buy an R/T
right now if they were available... Well, you know the story on that
issue. I've always been into performance and hot-rodding (from a GM
viewpoint), but this little V-8 Dakota has got me pumped to buy one.

        I'd like to know a few things first:

* How strong is the stock 5-spd?
* What are the 5-spd's gear ratios?
* Do the manual trans models have a hydraulic clutch?
* Is the auto trans worth the extra $900?
* Are there any parts houses specializing in Dak speed parts?

        Does anyone out there have experience with:

* The Dak's OBD-II engine management and modifications?
* Running a Vortech, ATI, etc on a new(er) Dak?
* Installing headers, cams, etc on a new(er) Dak?

  In short, will I be able to find aftermarket speed parts for these
fine little trucks? Are there any good sources of info for modifying
them?

                Thanks much,
                (a possible GM convert)

                        Russell Selkirk

P.S.
Kelly Blue Book's site shows the '98 Dak and ALL options available -
including the (unobtainable) R/T option. Go to http://www.kbb.com/ and
follow the links to the baseline 4 cyl Dak - options list follows. I'd
post a more exact URL, but inputting your zip-code is req'd.

--
NOTE:   Anti-Spam Address! Please