Re: How big it the 22 gallon tank?

From: Tomdamit (Tomdamit@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 22 1998 - 10:30:22 EST

<<
 My dealer has a deal that if you give him the dealer survey to
 turn in he will fill your tank. Well I wanted to arive with an
 empty tank. I drove until I was below 1/8 tank and my computer
 said I had 18 miles to empty. I was only able to put 18.5 gallons
 in it.

 I want the hear from the list how much anyone has squeezed onto
 the 22 gallon tank on a 97/98 Dakota.

 Drive Safe,

 Joe Dille

That's probably par for all of us. I've not run mine down any lower than
that. I suspect that it's there as a buffer so one doesn't run out of gas
which will fry the cat converted as it leans out. i.e., with the gauge on the
"big E", you will still have a couple gallons left and even the on board
computer (the one in the o/h console) is set up the same way.