Re: Shocking suggestions (shocks)

From: david zavetsky (zavetsky@usaor.net)
Date: Sun Mar 22 1998 - 08:35:54 EST

At 11:47 PM 3/21/98 EST, you wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a brand?? What about KYB shocks? How about the new
> Edelbrocks (pricey, though!)
>
> If possible, how about pricing and where ya bought em from??
>
> The local parts stores are pretty much like ..... "Uh, I don't think we can
> even special order those unz." So, a supplier would be helpful! >>
>My friend has had very GOOD luck with the RANCHO 9000 series. He has them on
>His 92 Cummins TD that weighs in at a whopping 9000lbs ( with tool body and
>toos )
>On his 65 Crew Cab Power Wagon built for Mud racing ( 8 1/2 lift and 35 Super
>Swampers other stuff too ) and 85 3/4 ton 4x4, and a 85 1 ton Dually with
>dump bed, lift gate and 8 foot plow! I mean they wear out like all shocks but
>no trouble with them.
>
>Keredt

Are the 9000s the ones that have the little knob on it for adjusting them???
If so, how does this part stand up to use and abuse over the years??
"M ove O ver, P ickup A pproacing R apidly!"
1992 Dakota 4x4, Standard cab, short bed, 5.2 L V8, K&N, Power Puleys, MP
SBEC, Bushwhackers, tire/wheel package, Lund Moonvisor, Custom Cover
tonneau, Bundy rear bumper, chrome grillguard/pushbar

see http://www.usaor.net/users/zavetsky for pictures!

MOPAR or NOCAR!