Re: Shocking suggestions (shocks)

From: Keredt (Keredt@aol.com)
Date: Sat Mar 21 1998 - 23:47:28 EST

<< I crawled under the truck today and found that one of my "off-road" shocks
 (Rugged Trails) are ready to ship out....One shock boot is actually filled
 with about a 1/2" of oil!! The other shock has drip stains...

 They have about 70k on them , so I guess it's time.,,,

 QUestion is, which shocks are the favorite out there??

 I want a shock that'll do well off-road when I do take it there, but I also
 want a shock that'll give me better cornering, etc as well as a decent
ride....

 Can anyone suggest a brand?? What about KYB shocks? How about the new
 Edelbrocks (pricey, though!)

 If possible, how about pricing and where ya bought em from??

 The local parts stores are pretty much like ..... "Uh, I don't think we can
 even special order those unz." So, a supplier would be helpful! >>
My friend has had very GOOD luck with the RANCHO 9000 series. He has them on
His 92 Cummins TD that weighs in at a whopping 9000lbs ( with tool body and
toos )
On his 65 Crew Cab Power Wagon built for Mud racing ( 8 1/2 lift and 35 Super
Swampers other stuff too ) and 85 3/4 ton 4x4, and a 85 1 ton Dually with
dump bed, lift gate and 8 foot plow! I mean they wear out like all shocks but
no trouble with them.

Keredt