DIY Ram Air

From: Jack Snodgrass (jack@cybermail.net)
Date: Mon Mar 23 1998 - 11:49:29 EST

If you wanted to do your onw RAM Air system for you dak.... could you?

I was thinking that a 14 inch, closed air cleaner might make up the base
unit. Inside you could put a 10 inch K&N filter.

Besides the base... you'd need 2, 3" pices of flexible air duct. What would
you use for that?

If you had the air duct... where would you route it to get a clean, cold
air source? I really hate the idea of cutting sheet metal in my new truck.

How would you connect the 3" round hose the side of a 2" to 3" metal
air cleaner?

I guess that spending $140 for a pre-built unit might be more cost
effective,
but this seems like it shouldn't cost more than $50.

Also... with Ram Air in generall.... do you have to worry about water geting
thrown into the system? What happens when it rains or you go through a
puddle? Will the engine stall... and worse... will the engine 'break' if you
toss water into the air intake?

Thanks.