"Stealth Mods"

From: Dave Rench (renchd@krause.com)
Date: Mon Mar 23 1998 - 17:36:40 EST

A recent posting brought up the merits of stealth versus aggressive
"Mustang baiting" looks. I would be curious as to what any list members
may have done to their trucks to increase the sleeper quotient. I have
considered trading in my V-8 emblems for some V-6 badges (or even the 4
cylinder Magnum badges)so as not to scare off the faint of heart at the
stoplight. I am trying a muffler only exhaust upgrade as opposed to a
larger single or (heaven forbid) dual exhaust in the hopes that the stock
looking single exhaust will lull the unknowing into a sense of confidence.
I am retaining the stock wheels for the same reason (although they are the
15X8's),but may put some Drag Radials on my second set of rear wheels for
extra traction (235/60/15's of course, can't deviate too much from the
stock look). Then I'd have run blackwalls on all 4 wheels so the rear
wouldn't stand out. I think you get the idea. Any thoughts?